CALL US TODAY (757)536-2550
Shifts: 8am - 5pm
Nurse researchers are scientists who study various aspects of health, illness and health care. By designing and implementing scientific studies, they look for ways to improve health, health care services and health care outcomes.
• Responsible for all aspects of candidate & enrolled subject data management for clinical research trials. Key tasks include but are not limited to: case-finding, evaluation & abstraction of source documentation, case report form completion, database use & management, data abstraction & organization for presentation/publication.
• Utilizes multiple data capture/retrieval systems & interacts with variety of health care delivery systems to identify, track, evaluate, collate, analyze & submit subject data. Data may include but is not limited to paper data, electronic data & biological specimens.
• Collaborates closely with clinical research team, which may include Principal Investigator (PI), to ensure that key federal/state/local regulatory requirements are followed; that institutional operational research objectives are met; and that ethical obligations are kept.
• Develops, establishes and maintains productive relationships with colleagues, all customers and contacts at affiliate sites to achieve essential research outcomes.
- Graduate from an accredited program for nursing education (BSN preferred)
- 3 years of RN experience, preferably in oncology or research
- Experience in clinical research preferred
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in state of practice
- Current BLCS or ACLS certification required. OCN, SoCRA or ACRP certification preferred
-Knowledge of medical terminology, nursing assessment, clinical trials and GCP concepts.
-Experience with computer data entry and database management.
-Excellent written and oral communication skills.
-Excellent organizational skills
-Attention to details and accuracy
-Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures such as protocols, informed consent documents, and regulatory documents
Independent judgment and critical-thinking skills. Discretionary decision-making skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize autonomously. Excellent written & oral communications skills. Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment and adapt to changing client status, regulations and work environment. Detail-oriented organizational skills. Highly proficient with multiple computer applications, including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, spreadsheet management, PDF file creation/use, online database use/maintenance, internet-based research, network & online file maintenance & management, and custom report generation. Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to provide own transportation to meet with patients or attend meetings within the service area or at training locations.
$35 per hour
WTS Medical Staffing, LLC
201 Chowan Drive, Portsmouth, Virginia 23701, United States
Copyright ©2017-2019 WTS HEALTHCARE -All Rights Reserved.
The WTS Healthcare name, logo and tagline are registered trademarks of WTS Medical Staffing, LLC
Powered by Signage